Weekly Workout - Wednesday, June 23 - Timed Intervals

GGRC Race Coordinator

Jun 21, 2021, 10:58:38 PM6/21/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Where:  Kezar Stadium, meet halfway down the home stretch
When: Wed, 6:15 PM
What: Time based interval workout
Coach: Jakob (Race Coordinator) will be filling in again this week

Format 📋
Introductions, 1600m Warm Up, Drills
Run Intervals - I will bring a whistle for indicating time breaks
Cooldown
Food and Drinks at Blackthorn (9th and Irving). Bring an ID as they do check.

Interval / Recovery (intervals at 1 mile pace & recovery at about 1/2 your interval speed)
1 min/1 min recovery
2 min/1 min recovery
3 min/1 min recovery
4 min/1 min recovery
5 min/2 min recovery
1 min/1 min recovery
2 min/1 min recovery
3 min/1 min recovery
4 min/1 min recovery
5 min/2 min recovery

*Note: at a 7 min/mile interval pace, this workout should result in 5.3 miles + 1 mile warmup + 1 mile cooldown for a total of ~7 miles.

Requirements ✅
- You must sign the 2021 waiver. This is part of our new member and returning member process. Link here.

Health and Safety 🏥
- Follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines.

See you all in two days!
-Jakob, GGRC Race Coordinator