2021 GGRC Board Members

GGRC President

Jan 19, 2021, 12:46:32 PM1/19/21
to Golden Gate Running Club

Hello GGRC,

I am happy to announce our 2021 GGRC Board members and share their nomination statements below. Congratulations team! We look forward to working together and coming up with our plans for 2021! Typically, we celebrate our board members from the previous and incoming years together at the Christmas relay after party, but we will compensate for this later in the year when we can all be together again in-person.

Thank you again to our 2020 Board for all of your work prior to March, and for continuing member engagement throughout the remainder of the year and for designing a safe re-opening roadmap to pass to the next board.

As a note, our Communications Chair and Race Coordinator positions remain open, and you can reach out to me at ggrcpr...@gmail.com if you are interested in filling either role.

2021 GGRC Board Members

President - Renee Hamilton

I would like to nominate myself to continue as GGRC President in 2021. My first priority is to ensure a safe and organized re-opening in full compliance with SF City and Public Health Department guidelines. Secondarily, my goal for the 2021 board is to plan for a fun second half of 2021 (contingent on SF reaching enough vaccinations for the club to re-open by late summer/early fall). I would look forward to working with the incoming board to create some new virtual challenges in the meantime and ensure the club is fully prepared for when we can meet in person again!

Social Chair - Taylor Eth

Hey everyone, I'm running for Social Chair of GGRC! I can promise two things: I'll take COVID safety very seriously and when it's safe to resume in-person events we will have lots of fun. I can't wait until summer or fall or whenever the hell we can safely resume group events, and when we do I'm gonna want to partay!! 🥳 I'm talking happy hours on happy hours and a kick-ass Banquet. In the weeks or months leading up to a hopeful full reopening of indoor establishments and with safety as the first priority, I'm already thinking we may be able to kick off 2021 social events with BYOB park hangs or outdoor happy hours sometime in the spring. I'm looking forward to working with the rest of the board in promoting GGRC during this crazy-weird time we're living in, and I'd love to hear feedback and opinions from the entire club along the way.

Treasurer - Chris Latura

Hi Everyone. I was your treasurer for The-Year-That-Shall-Not-Be-Mentioned. Aside from my normal spreadsheet duties, I did other very important things like introducing myself with a new board member title at each track workout and Sunday run for two whole months (you know, before the year exploded), and winning all the Zoom happy hour feats of strength (Probably, don’t look into it). I was less successful at marking the course for the non-affiliated ‘race’ in December, and convincing more than one person to run up and down all the sandy stairs around Baker Beach. I promise to do better in The-Year-That-Shall-Not-Be-Mentioned’s more promising younger brother. Thank you for your consideration.

Merchandise - Rob Spies

The pink gear will be delivered.

(Temp) Coach - Brent Nowak

I enjoy track so much that I'm going to stand out there during the cold foggy nights and yell at you to run faster! On a more serious note, I want to help new and seasoned runners this year get back on the race course - anything from a mile time trial to a longer trail race. I've run all the distances and have had all sorts of injuries, so I'm here to help!

Thank you!

Renee

2021 GGRC President

David Li

Jan 20, 2021, 5:58:21 PM1/20/21
to David Li, Golden Gate Running Club
Congratulations to our new board members (and thanks for stepping up)!

And thank you last year's board for your efforts to keep us safe and more or less sane. Your creativity is appreciated!

David

--
http://goldengaterunningclub.org
Please note, all communications on the google group are public, and can be viewed by all.  Use Slack or direct messaging if you wish to relay private or personal information.

GGRC President

Jan 20, 2021, 10:02:31 PM1/20/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Hello All,

I am happy to announce that our very own Sarah Slagle will be our 2021 Communications Chair! Congratulations Sarah :). We are so excited to have you on the board!

Thank you,
Renee
2021 GGRC President

GGRC President

Jan 22, 2021, 12:40:55 AM1/22/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Hello All,

Congratulations to Jakob Walter who will be taking the lead as Race Coordinator on the 2021 GGRC Board! Thank you for stepping up to the plate!

Renee
2021 GGRC President

William Barkan

Jan 22, 2021, 9:43:31 AM1/22/21
to David Li, David Li, Golden Gate Running Club
Thank you to all the 2021 board members for volunteering to keep the club up and running.