Farewell to the best running club around!

Michael Smitasin

Mar 26, 2021, 1:00:06 PM3/26/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Hello running friends!

I'm sad to say that after 8 short years, I'm leaving the Bay Area this weekend to return to Oregon. This group has been wonderfully supportive and encouraging, and I'm so grateful to have met you all. I know I wouldn't have gotten into either racing or trail running without your enthusiasm and advice, and your friendship has kept me running regularly longer than I ever have before.

Drop me an email if you're ever in Portland and looking for running routes or someone to run with!

I'll leave you with a fond photo from one of the last Sunday runs pre-pandemic circa Feb 2020 - what a huge turnout and good looking group!

2020-02-09_GGRC-Sunday-Run.jpg

Stay safe, and keep running :D

Michael