Weekly Workout – Wednesday, May 11: Group Fartlek

Takashi Mizohata

May 10, 2022, 12:12:38 PM5/10/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, May 11, 6:15 PM
📍 Where: The Southside homestretch of Kezar Stadium: Usually, another large group meets in the southeast corner of the track on Wednesdays - that’s not us! Look for the GGRC flag!

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • 1600m warm-Up + Movement drills
  • Workout
  • Cooldown

🏃 Workout:
With Bay to Breakers this weekend, let’s do a fun group exercise. We’ll make a group of 4 to 6 people. Choose one chaser. We all run on the upper loop of the track this time. While the group keeps running CW, the chaser takes off and does the fast lap CCW. When the chaser catches up with the group, switch the chaser to another person. Repeat this for 20 minutes.

🔋 Post Workout:
After the workout, let’s go to Yancy’s Saloon (734 Irving St, between 8th and 9th Ave). It’s a dive bar where you can bring your own food. There are many food options around the area. So join us for food and drinks too.

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:
  • May 15 - Bay2Breakers (Road) Dinos or Animals
  • June 5 - San Diego Rock'n'Roll (Road) 5k, HM, Marathon
  • June 25 - (Non-Club Race) UCR Angel Island 5 Mile/Half Marathon
  • July 24 - San Francisco Marathon Aid Station Volunteer: It's fun, I promise
  • August 27 - Alameda 10 Miler (Road)

🌅 Morning Runs:
Some of us run in the morning from Baker and Fell St. Conversation happens on Slack. Ask us how to join Slack.

Membership:
Join us! Here you can read more about it.

🏥 Health and Safety:
Please follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines.

See you at Kezar East Gate!

--Coach Takashi