Next Weekend in GGRC (4/20 - 4/21)

GGRC President

Apr 14, 2024, 6:29:15 PMApr 14
to Golden Gate Running Club
Hey GGRC!

Next weekend, we are changing up our regular weekend schedule with the two following events:
  • On Sat Apr 20, Taylor will lead a Groovy 4 Peaks Run. We will meet at 9:20am outside the Glen Park BART station, run through 4 peaks (Mt Davidson, Twin Peaks, Mt Sutro), and then end at Flywheel Coffee. Expect ~8.5 miles total, ~1,400 ft elevation gain, 1:30 - 2 hours duration, there will be 2 bathroom & water stops. Awesome views, see attached pic!
  • On Sun Apr 21, we have a volunteer activity that Sarah has planned for our April social event. In honor of Earth Day, we will be supporting the Surfrider Foundation with their Ocean Beach cleanup. Please RSVP here and make sure you fill out the waiver!
The volunteer activity conflicts with Sunday run, so Sunday run on 4/21 is officially cancelled. We hope you come out to the Saturday 4 Peaks Run, so you can volunteer on Sunday without missing out on your weekend workout :)

We have some exciting events coming up in the next two months as well, here's a quick preview:
  • Sat May 11: New Member Picnic
  • Sun May 19: Bay to Breakers
  • Sun Jun 23: Tahoe destination race
Save the date and stay tuned for updates (on Slack) in the next few weeks!

--
Chamila Amithirigala
GGRC President 2024