Weekly Workout - Wed, Jun 19th: Deck of Cards w/ Guest Coach Drew

GGRC Merchandise

Jun 17, 2024, 12:17:20 PMJun 17
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, Jun 19th, 6:15 PM
📍 Where: The Southside homestretch of Kezar Stadium

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • Warm up + Movement drills
  • Workout
  • Cooldown (+ Core/Stretch)
🏃 Workout:
This week, we have Guest Coach Drew filling in while Coach Lena is traveling in Germany! A little bit about the workout from Coach Drew:

Time to count some cards!

This workout is called the Deck of Cards. Each group will be given a stack of cards with the following numbers. 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10. The total will add up to 48.

2 = 200m
4 = 400m
6 = 600m
8 = 800m
10 = 100m

The group will take turns pulling one card. The person who pulled the card leads the group for that distance. With half the card's distance as rest after (no less than 100m rest).

Each card puller gets one mulligan where they can pull a different card if they don't want to lead that distance.

We will do this for about 25 minutes, see how far you can get!

🔋 Post Workout:
After the workout, we'll go to Fireside Bar on Irving for some well deserved rewards (food/drinks/great company).

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:

  • Sunday June 23rd - Tahoe Destination Race
  • Sunday July 28th - SF Marathon + Volunteering
✅ Membership:
Golden Gate Running Club is a non-profit organization. Membership dues help cover all of the events and perks that GGRC offers. Visit our RunSignup membership page to pay your 2024 dues! Returning members (from 2023) should renew through the RunSignup platform. If you have any questions about it, let us know.

See you at Kezar!

--
Drew Cortright
GGRC Merchandise Coordinator 2024