Weekly Workout – Wed, Dec 21: Tempo in GGP

Takashi Mizohata

Dec 19, 2022, 12:02:15 PM12/19/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, Dec 21, 6:15 PM
📍 Where: The East gate of Kezar Stadium

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • Warm up + Movement drills
  • Workout
  • Cooldown (+ Core/Stretch)
⏱️ Workout:
Kezar lower track will be under maintenance break this week. We will still gather at Kezar, but we will run in GGP. BRING HEADLAMP (or whatever illuminating device)! First, we'll warm-up-run to JFK as a group. Then we run on JFK westbound until Transverse Dr (a major crossroad after the underpath of Crossover Dr), then turn around and back to where we start. One way is shy of 1.4 miles, so 2.7 miles out and back. I recommend you to run at a Tempo pace (slightly harder casual pace). Finally, I will run back to Kezar as a cool down. Core work and stretching are on you at home.

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 8.44.54 AM.png

🔋 Post Workout:
Let's go to Red Tail (545 Irving Street, between 6th and 7th Ave). Like the other places, they let you bring food as well. So join us for food and drinks too.

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:
  • Jan 8, Hot Chocolate SF (road, 5k/10k/15k)
  • Jan Happy hour (Location/Date will be soon determined)
  • Feb 4, Kaiser Permanente SF Half Marathon (road, 5k/10k/HM)
  • Mar 5, Napa Valley Marathon (road, 5k/HM/M)
Membership:
Join us! Here you can read more about it.
https://goldengaterunningclub.org/membership/

🏥 Health and Safety:
Please follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines.

See you at Kezar!

-- Coach Takashi