Weekly Workout - Wed, Jun 26th: 4 x 800m Intervals w/ Guest Coach Zoë

GGRC Merchandise

Jun 24, 2024, 11:46:28 PM (12 days ago) Jun 24
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, Jun 26th, 6:15 PM
📍 Where: The Southside homestretch of Kezar Stadium

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • Warm up + Movement drills
  • Workout
  • Cooldown (+ Core/Stretch)
🏃 Workout:
This week, we have Guest Coach Zo
ë filling in while Coach Lena is traveling in Germany! A little bit about the workout from Coach Zoë:

Hello GGRC! For this week’s workout, the goal is consistency. That means, go out slower on the first interval and try to keep each interval the same pace or better.  For this week’s workout, it’s better to go too slow in the first rep and then negative split then it is to go too fast! To help with this, I have provided some guidelines on pace/duration for each rep loosely based on your PR for the half marathon or 5K below. Feel free to play around with the VDOT calculator yourself to get a more accurate estimate based on your specific PR.

The workout is simple:

4 x 800m intervals hard and consistent, with 400m recovery

For those on the faster end or looking for a longer workout, add a 5th rep.

Estimated paces & durations below based on your half marathon (HM) or 5K time:

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 8.41.03 PM.png

🔋 Post Workout:
After the workout, we'll go to Fireside Bar on Irving for some well deserved rewards (food/drinks/great company).

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:

  • Sunday June 23rd - Tahoe Destination Race
  • Sunday July 28th - SF Marathon + Volunteering
✅ Membership:
Golden Gate Running Club is a non-profit organization. Membership dues help cover all of the events and perks that GGRC offers. Visit our RunSignup membership page to pay your 2024 dues! Returning members (from 2023) should renew through the RunSignup platform. If you have any questions about it, let us know.

See you at Kezar!

--
Drew Cortright
GGRC Merchandise Coordinator 2024