Kaiser Half Training Week 7

Takashi Mizohata

Jan 10, 2023, 2:40:52 AM1/10/23
to Golden Gate Running Club
Hey, all half marathon runners,

Congrats to the folks who ran the race last weekend. Please share how you did it! You can email me your time or a link to whatever tracking apps. Or even better, you can share it on the Slack channel.

On the same day, I ran trails in GGNRA. It was a fine beautiful day all the way. And I fell at mile 11.5 out of 13 mile total. The ground was slightly wet, but that wasn't the reason why I fell. I was too tired at that point and misstepped or something. Luckily, I only got some scratches and minor bruises on my right shoulder to arm. Rainy days will likely continue for another week or two, unfortunately. So be careful, especially when you're tired.

This week:
  • Tue Jan 10, 6:30 PM (EVENING) at McLaren Lodge: Progression Run in GGP
  • Wed Jan 11, 6:15 PM at Kezar: Mile Repeat
  • Sat Jan 14, TBD (Fast Finish Long run 120 min)
  • Sun Jan 15, 10 AM Meet at Warming Hut. Easy run
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T_zt5krooHLfhBUU3P0x6aOEY7bCdMTzseKaYtGKbAk/edit#gid=1469741200

Tuesday Run:
Progression Run in GGP - Since it'll be raining in the morning, let's run in the evening. Make sure to bring a headlamp/reflective gear. We run a 1-mile loop in GGP. We meet at McLaren Lodge and run to the start.
  • 1st lap: we all run as a group.
  • 2nd/3rd lap: your easy pace
  • 4th/5th lap: your half marathon pace
  • 6th lap: easy pace
Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 11.26.43 PM.png
https://www.strava.com/routes/2966449011148738404?v2=true

Turn-by-turn directions are:
  • Nancy Pelosi Dr, West-bound until MLK Drive.
  • Turn Left on MLK Dr, South-bound
  • Turn Left as MLK Dr goes east.
  • On MLK East-bound until Y-junction with Bowling Green Dr
  • Turn Left on Bowling Green Dr, until Nancy Pelosi Dr
I will send you another email for individual guidance with pace suggestions for each training.

Onwards and upwards!

---
Coach Takashi