2021 GGRC Races and Race Survey

ggrc...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2021, 9:01:33 PM6/6/21
to goldengate...@googlegroups.com
Google Forms
It has been great to get out this past week and see all the new and returning members at our regular runs!  If you haven't heard me pestering you already, the club races have been set and I want you all to join GGRC in some awesome running adventures and camaraderie this year!

For folks who have not yet participated in a club race with us, a minimum of a carpool plan is created by the race coordinator (yours truly), and for the further distance races we will also chip in together for a rental house. Sometimes, depending on the status of the club budget, dinner the night before the race will be provided by the club to the group of participants at the destination race event.  At an event like the beer mile, this is also customary so we can be sure to get some food in everyone that decided to run and drink beer like the maniacs that we are :p

To help me out with planning for the year, please provide a response to this survey so I can get an idea of who is interested in what events.  Your answers here are non-binding, but I will be asking for deposits on the destination races soon (Reno and possibly Windsor depending on responses).  If you have any questions about racing with the club, do not hesitate to reach out to me!

2021 GGRC Race Survey - https://forms.gle/FBedpyt3EL8LeXmV6

All the best, and looking forward to seeing more of you all!

-Jakob Walter, GGRC Race Coordinator

As a reminder, the race schedule for this year is as follows:

Event: Beer Mile
When: Saturday August 14, 2021
Where: Golden Gate Park – San Francisco, CA
Type: Individual Multi-Terrain
Distances: 1mi
Notes: 4 laps with 1 beer before each. Get socialized, drunk, and running

Event: Windsor Run and Wine
When: Sunday September 12, 2021
Where: Windsor Town Green – Windsor, CA
Type: Individual Road Race
Distances: 5km, 10km, HM
Website: https://www.runwinecountry.com/general-information
Notes: Closest road race happening the soonest to be found near the Bay Area. Loop courses.

Days until next race: 21

Event: Reno River Run
When: Sunday October 3, 2021
Where: Downtown – Reno, NV https://goo.gl/maps/mZp4TkF5LRYfZ46H6
Type: Individual and Relay Road Race
Distances: 5km, 10km, HM, Marathon (M), M Relay
Website: https://runsignup.com/Race/NV/Reno/RenoRiverRun21
Notes: High elevation road race.  Reno expected to be a more “open” city than many in CA, which could offer some fun activities for the club after the race.  Out & back courses.

Days until next race: 41

Event: Mount Tam Trail Run
When: Saturday November 13, 2021
Where: Mt. Tamalpais State Park – Stinson Beach, CA https://goo.gl/maps/DX5pzHLzmjF226Zo9
Type: Individual Trail Race
Distances: 10km, HM, 30km, 50km
Website: https://insidetrail.com/calendar/mt-tam-trail-run/
Notes: Many club members signed up for 1 or more races via this organization in 2020 and should have a credit available for another race.  This currently shows on my UltraSignup account under “registration history.”  This race from ITR has been participated in by members in the past and comes recommended.

Days until next race: 28

Event: Christmas Relays
When: Mid-December, TBD
Where: Lake Merced – San Francisco, CA https://goo.gl/maps/2kjiQ6uHXqFPLsCu8