Kaiser Half Training Week 9

Takashi Mizohata

Jan 22, 2023, 6:17:30 PM1/22/23
to Golden Gate Running Club
Hey, all half marathon runners,

Week 9! This is basically the last week of training!! How do you feel? You should check in with yourself this week. What do you wear on race day? On the last long run, I was talking to Raina about running gels. I'll bring some sample gels on Wednesday Track if you wanna try them out. Ask any questions for preparation to me by Email, Slack, or at the track. Let's be ready!

This week:
  • Tue Jan 23, 07:00 AM at McLaren Lodge: Steady Pace
  • Wed Jan 24, 06:15 PM at Kezar: Fartlek Relay
  • Sat Jan 28, TBD: Fast Finish Long run for 90 min
  • Sun Jan 29, 10:00 AM at Warming Hut: Easy run
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T_zt5krooHLfhBUU3P0x6aOEY7bCdMTzseKaYtGKbAk/edit#gid=1323303031

Tuesday Run:
Steady Pace Run in GGP - Meet at McLaren Lodge, 7:00 AM
We'll run to Stow Lake as a warm-up. 1 loop at Stow Lake is about 1 mile. Let's do 3 loops. You choose your pace, but I demand you to lock in the pace for 3 laps.
https://www.strava.com/routes/3050183996841517182

Saturday Run:
I have a race on Saturday 28, so I cannot lead a long run. Can someone volunteer? I can set up the route. Let me know!

Onwards and upwards!

---
Coach Takashi