June-ish Happy Hour – Beach Bonfire 2.0

GGRC Merch

Jun 11, 2022, 5:32:32 PM6/11/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
Hi GGRC – coming at you 2x in one day!

Save the date, we're doing a beach bonfire on Friday, July 1st at Ocean Beach!

I'm filling in for Yi for our next happy hour, and I'm so excited to bring back the hugely popular beach bonfire we did last year.

This time I'll come prepared with better/longer skewers (no burnt fingertips!) for cooking hot dogs and smores. I'm calling it a June-ish happy hour because it'll  be taking place on Friday, July 1st – the beginning of the 4th of July weekend.

So if you're staying in town the whole weekend or are headed out of town on Saturday, come join us at Ocean Beach. We will snag a firepit in the early afternoon, so feel free to swing by anytime after 4:30pm on Friday. Sunset on July 1st will be 8:36, with daylight for at least another half hour.

You can expect GGRC to provide the following:
  • Hot dogs / veggie dogs
  • Smores making materials
  • Chips and other snacks
  • Napkins / cups / non-alcoholic drinks
  • Only the best skewers!
  • Lots of firewood
  • A few extra blankets
Some folks on the board or in the club may bring extra beer or wine to share. GGRC happy hours are technically BYOB, however, so please bring your beverage of choice.

We recommend you consider bringing:
  • Beer/wine/booze
  • Beach blanket or lounge chair
  • Extra layers for when the sun goes down
Can't wait to see you there!

Note to dog owners – we LOVE your fluffy friends, and they are absolutely welcome to join for this beach bonfire event. Considering it will be the Friday of the July 4th weekend, I would think it's likely that some people on the beach will set off fireworks, which could spook an unsuspecting doggo. If you bring dogs, please keep this in mind. :)

Best,
Taylor

Taylor Eth | GGRC Merchandise Coordinator

GGRC Merch

Jun 28, 2022, 3:06:03 PM6/28/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
Looking forward to seeing you at the Beach Bon🔥🔥🔥🔥 this Friday! Remember to bring layers for once the sun sets, and I'll make sure to keep the fire HOT.
Taylor Eth | GGRC Merchandise Coordinator