Weekly Workout - Wednesday, March 6th: Figure W (Inverted Ladder)

GGRC Coach

Mar 4, 2024, 5:32:25 PMMar 4
to Golden Gate Running Club

🕕 When: Wed, March 6th, 6:15 PM

📍 Where: The Southside homestretch of Kezar Stadium

📋 Format:

  • Introductions

  • Warm up

  • Workout

  • Cooldown

🏃 Workout:

The Figure W run (aka the Inverted Ladder) is a distance-based practice where your running pattern is as follows:

800 m: o       o       o

        \     / \     /

400 m:   o   o   o   o

          \ /     \ /

200 m:     o       o

This means you’ll run 800m - 400m - 200m - 400m - 800m - 400m - 200m - 400m - 800m. I suggest you aim to maintain a 5K-10K pace. After completing each fast leg, you take half the distance you just run as recovery. For instance, after running an 800m (2 laps), you would walk or jog lightly for 400m (1 lap).

If you find this too strenuous, feel free to try the inverted N or V variations instead. For those seeking an extended challenge, don’t hesitate to get creative and design your own ‘snake’ formation!

🔋 Post Workout:

Let’s go to Blackthorn (834 Irving St, between 9th and 10th Ave). It’s a sports bar where you can bring your own food

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:

  • Saturday March 23rd  - Marina Double
  • Saturday April 13th - Rodeo Beach Rumble
  • Sunday May 19th - Bay to Breakers
✅ Membership:
Golden Gate Running Club is a non-profit organization. Membership dues help cover all of the events and perks that GGRC offers. Visit our RunSignup membership page to pay your 2024 dues! Returning members (from 2023) should renew through the RunSignup platform. If you have any questions about it, let us know.

See you at Kezar!

-- Coach Lena