Weekly Workout - Wednesday, September 1 - Timed Fartlek 🇸🇪

ggrc...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2021, 10:45:09 PM8/30/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Where:  Kezar Stadium, we meet halfway down the home stretch
When: Wed, July 21. 6:15 PM
What: Speed Play

Format 📋
- Introductions, 1600m Warm Up, Drills
-  Fartlek Set (43 minutes total)
- Cooldown
- Food and Drinks at Blackthorn (9th and Irving). Bring an ID as they do check.

Fartlek 🇸🇪
"The word “fartlek” is a Swedish term which means “speed play.” It is a training method that blends continuous (endurance) training with interval (speed) training.

Fartlek runs challenge the body to adapt to various speeds, conditioning you to become faster over longer distances."

set1.png

What's My Pace? 🤔
- Calculate your 5k/10k pace by using this Race Equivalency Calculator and entering a known race time, such as a recent mile, 5k, etc.

Requirements ✅
- You must sign the 2021 waiver. This is part of our new member and returning member process. Link here.

Health and Safety 🏥
- Follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines.

See you on the track!
-- Coach Brent