Weekly Workout – Wednesday, June 8: 1-mile repeat in GGP (Kezar CLOSED!)

Takashi Mizohata

Jun 8, 2022, 10:24:10 AM6/8/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, June 8, 6:15 PM
📍 Where: Meet at East Gate of Kezar Stadium (Fredrick & Willard St), Run at Japanese Tea Garden

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • Run to GGP
  • Workout
  • Cooldown
🏃 Workout:
route.png
In June, Kezar is closed almost every week. So today, we’ll run in GGP again and another 1-mile repeat at another part of GGP.

We’ll jog to Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park (Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr. & Martin Luther King Junior Dr.). From there, we’ll do a mile repeat (5K pace). The route starts at the corner of Tea Garden Dr., and you run west on MLK Jr Dr. to Cross Over Dr., which is about 0.5 miles, then turn back to where you started. After 1 mile fast, jog on Tea Garden Dr. to DeYoung entrance (about 0.1 miles) and back.

I recommend 5K pace, 3 repeats, but that’s up to you. We’ll wrap up in about 25 ~ 30 minutes and do a quick stretch.

🔋 Post Workout:
After the workout, let's go to Yancy's Saloon (734 Irving St, between 8th and 9th Ave). It's a dive bar where you can bring your own food. There are many food options around the area. So join us for food and drinks too.

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:
  • June 25 - (Non-Club Race) UCR Angel Island 5 Mile/Half Marathon
  • July 24 - San Francisco Marathon Aid Station Volunteer
  • August 27 - Alameda 10 Miler (Road)
🌅 Morning Runs:
Some of us run in the morning from Baker and Fell St. Conversation happens on Slack. Ask us how to join Slack.

Membership:
Join us! Here you can read more about it.
https://goldengaterunningclub.org/membership/

🏥 Health and Safety:
Please follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines.

See you at the track!

--Coach Takashi