Weekly Workout – Wednesday, April 13: 5K TT

Takashi Mizohata

Apr 12, 2022, 3:34:28 AM4/12/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, Apr 13, 6:15 PM
📍 Where: Kezar Stadium - We meet halfway down the homestretch (the southside). Usually, another large group meets in the southeast corner of the track on Wednesdays - that’s not us! Look for the GGRC flag!

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • 1600m warm-Up + Movement drills
  • Main Workout
  • Cooldown
⏱️ Workout:
I wanna do a Time Trial quarterly. It’s a good measure for two reasons: 1) You can compare it to your past records to see if you get faster. 2) Even getting faster is not your thing, a 5k pace will help you prepare for other training.

If 5K/12.5 laps feel like too much for you, you can do 1M, which is 4 laps.

A time trial is a mock race. Unless you’re injured or with other conditions, I want you to do all in. You can bring your racing shoes. That’s up to you.

🔋 Post Workout:
After the workout, we usually go to Yancy’s Saloon (734 Irving St, between 8th and 9th Ave). It’s a dive bar where you can bring your own food. There are many food options around the area. Join us for food and drinks too.

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:
  • April 30 - Sierra Azul Challenge (trail) 5k, 7mi, HM, 20mi, M, 50k
  • May 15 - Bay2Breakers (road) JOIN OUR CENTIPEDE
🌅 Morning Runs:
Some of us run on Tuesday and Friday around 7 AM from Baker and Fell St. Conversation happens on Slack. Join our Slack channel!

Membership:
Join us! Here you can read more about it.

🏥 Health and Safety:
Please follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines.

See you on the track!

-- Coach Takashi

ggrc...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2022, 12:30:42 AM4/14/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
Good work everyone for today's Time Trial!

I try to keep records for everyone. I have 5 people from 1 mile and 20 people from 5K. If you didn't tell the time to Jakob or Jack at the finish line, please email me at ggrc...@gmail.com. And BIG KUDOS to Jakob and Jack for keeping the time there.