Weekly Workout – Wed, Nov 30: Q4 5K TT

Takashi Mizohata

Nov 27, 2022, 11:27:15 PM11/27/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, Nov 30, 6:15 PM
📍 Where: The Southside homestretch of Kezar Stadium

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • Warm up + Movement drills
  • Workout
  • Cooldown (+ Core/Stretch)
⏱️ Workout:
The 4th and final 5K Time Trial of 2022. Why do we do this? Time Trial is a good gauge for two reasons: 1) You can compare it to your past records to see if you get faster. 2) Even if getting faster is not your thing, a 5k pace will help you prepare for other training.

I strongly recommend you to run 5K (12.5 laps), but if that’s too much for you, you can do 1 mile (4 laps).

A time trial is a mock race. Unless you’re injured or with other conditions (like you have a race to run on the weekend), I want you all-out. You can bring your super shoes. That’s up to you.

🔋 Post Workout:
Let's go to Finnegans Wake (937 Cole St, between Carl St and Parnassus Ave)! You can still bring food to the bar. The back patio is a bit chilly after dark. Bring your jacket as well.

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:
  • Sun, Dec 18 - Christmas Relay
Membership:
Join us! Here you can read more about it.
https://goldengaterunningclub.org/membership/

🏥 Health and Safety:
Please follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines.

See you at Kezar!

-- Coach Takashi