2022 Racing Calendar!

GGRC Race Coordinator

Dec 8, 2021, 11:39:33 AM12/8/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
GGRC Runners,

The 2022 Board has had our first meeting to discuss next year's race calendar, and now is a great time for everyone to be thinking about your goals and interests for races next year.  Give this some thought and soon you will be receiving a poll to let us know what you're most interested in for next year (road vs trail, 5k vs Marathon, racing in the fall vs spring, etc.).

The Board has come to an agreement on our first club race of the year however, and I want to encourage everyone to sign up for the Urban Coyote Racing China Camp Challenge!

What: 1st GGRC Club Race of the Year - UCR China Camp
When: Saturday, Jan. 29th
Where: China Camp State Park - San Rafael, CA
Distances: 5k, 10k, Half Marathon

China Camp is a fun trail race to start out the year put on by Urban Coyote Racing - a race organization operated by GGRC member Phil!  As usual, we will set up carpool arrangements from the City.

I have reached out for a club discount, so stay tuned. Prices don't increase until January.

I would also like to start a log of any races that folks plan to run either with the club or independently so I can advertise events that our runners may have some friends at.  If you've already registered for a run next year that you would like me to include in future announcements, let me know via email or slack.  So far we've got club members running in at least the following events:

Kaiser Half Marathon - Golden Gate Park - Feb. 6
Napa Valley Marathon - Napa, CA - Mar. 6
Boston Marathon - Boston, MA - April 18
Sierra Azul Trail Challenge - San Jose, CA - April 30
Bay to Breakers - San Francisco, CA - May 15

More to come!

-Jakob
GGRC Race Coordinator

GGRC Race Coordinator

Dec 10, 2021, 9:27:55 AM12/10/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
As follow up to this message about China Camp.
We have a discount code on the way from Urban Coyote, hold off until next week to register and I will get that distributed.

Have a good weekend all, and see you in the headlands if you're running the unofficial half :)

-Jakob
GGRC Race Coordinator

GGRC Race Coordinator

Dec 14, 2021, 10:24:06 AM12/14/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Hello again, I hope you have all been getting excited about racing next year!

We now have a discount code for Urban Coyote's China Camp Challenge.  Use code "GGRC22" for 20% off at registration.  Prices increase after December 31, so sign up soon for the best deal.
Looking forward to seeing you all out there on the trails :)

-Jakob
GGRC Race Coordinator

GGRC Race Coordinator

Dec 27, 2021, 12:39:54 PM12/27/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Friendly Reminder to everyone that China Camp will be our first race of 2022!
Sign up before the new year to get the best price and use code "GGRC22" for an additional 20% off!

What: 1st GGRC Club Race of the Year - UCR China Camp
When: Saturday, Jan. 29th
Where: China Camp State Park - San Rafael, CA
Distances: 5k, 10k, Half Marathon

-Jakob
GGRC Race Coordinator

Phil Oreste

Jan 3, 2022, 1:44:53 PM1/3/22
to GGRC Race Coordinator, Golden Gate Running Club
Hi All,

We have a big group already signed up from the GGRC for the China Camp race! We only have about 30-40 spots left so sign up now as I expect we will close registration for this race by the end of this week.

Best,
Phil

--
http://goldengaterunningclub.org
Please note, all communications on the google group are public, and can be viewed by all.  Use Slack or direct messaging if you wish to relay private or personal information.