Bay2Breakers Final Logistics

GGRC Race Coordinator

May 12, 2022, 12:17:49 PM5/12/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
Morning all!

Bay2Breakers is upon us this Sunday (5/15) with the first start times beginning at 8am.  Some logistics from the race organization can be seen here.  And if you have not received your correct bib for any reason, please see the section on their website regarding bib pickup.

Our plan is to get folks meeting up at this urban park located at Howard & Main at 7am for a group photo. Note that folks are supposed to enter their corrals 45min in advance of start time, so for the ~30 people in centipede teams this means 7:15am.  I expect the centipedes to move pretty slowly and individual runners starting a little later will likely catch up to them.  Our teams are dinosaurs and zoo animals respectively and the dino group will be pushing a couple speakers with music playing, so look out for us!  My best guess is we'd be done with the route and hanging around the beach at about 10am.

Once finishing the race at the Ocean Beach Parking Lot I would like folks to make their way a little south down the beach.  I plan to have my car stashed near the intersection of Irving and Great Hwy and Gabrielle will be there early with my keys to let people in and start pulling out a table, chairs, snacks, and NA drinks for the club to share.  Looking forward to partying on the beach for a while with everyone!

As always, let me know if you have any questions.  Email, slack, or my cell.  If you don't know me personally, I will be in a triceratops onesie tied to other dinosaurs on the day of the event.

Jakob