Weekly Workout – Wednesday, June 22: [DIFFERENT TIME & LOCATION] Bernal Heights

Takashi Mizohata

Jun 20, 2022, 7:52:31 PM6/20/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, June 22, 6:45 PM
📍 Where: Bernal Boulder at Bernal Heights https://goo.gl/maps/9nScAfJtSvrNPSj16

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • Movement drills + 1 lap warm up
  • Workout
  • Cooldown (+ Core/Stretch)
🏃 Workout:
SF City FC uses Kezar this week, so another excursion time! This week, we'll go to Bernal Heights. You have two options.
  1. Perimeter loop: It's about 1 Mile, 115 ft elevation gain.
  2. Hill repeat: From the bottom parking spot to the entrance of the summit building, that's about 0.6 Miles, 190 ft elevation gain.
bernal-hill.jpg
Either of your choices, we'll do 1 lap of the perimeter together for warm-up. Then we'll do the run for about 30 minutes.

🔋 Post Workout:
After the Workout, let's go to Mothership (3152 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94110). About 0.5 miles of walk from the start. It's a dive bar where you can bring your own food.

🎧 Running Podcast:
I started to listen to Strength Running Podcast a while back. The latest episode talks about fueling. And one before, Kara Goucher was on and spoke about her not-so-decorated side of her running life. I found both very interesting!
https://strengthrunning.com/2022/06/holley-samuel-marathon-fueling/

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:
  • June 25 - (Non-Club Race) UCR Angel Island 5 Mile/Half Marathon
  • July 24 - San Francisco Marathon Aid Station Volunteer
  • August 27 - Alameda 10 Miler (Road)
🌅 Morning Runs:
Some of us run in the morning from Baker and Fell St. Conversation happens on Slack. Ask us how to join Slack.

Membership:
Join us! Here you can read more about it.
https://goldengaterunningclub.org/membership/

🏥 Health and Safety:
Please follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines.

See you at Bernal Heights!

--Coach Takashi