Weekly Workout – Wed, Nov 16: 800-Meter repeats

Takashi Mizohata

Nov 14, 2022, 11:19:59 PM11/14/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, Nov 16, 6:15 PM
📍 Where: The Southside homestretch of Kezar Stadium

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • Warm up + Movement drills
  • Workout
  • Cooldown (+ Core/Stretch)

⏱️ Workout:
I got a good track workout idea from OG member Maya. It's an 800-meter repeat with a bit of relay touch. We form a 3-person team and run as follows:

Lap 1: Runner A starts
Lap 2: Runner A keeps running, Runner B joins
Lap 3: Runner A stops. Runner B keeps running, Runner C joins
Lap 4: Runner B stops, Runner C keeps running, Runner A Joins…

berkeley-800s.png

The basic idea is to run 800 meters with a relatively short rest. I suggest you run a 10k pace, and I say we do 12 laps, so each runner runs 3200 meters (2 miles) in total. If enough people want to run more, we may form a group for 15 or 18 laps.

🔋 Post Workout:
This week, let's go to Red Tail (545 Irving Street, between 6th and 7th Ave). Like the other places, they let you bring food as well. So join us for food and drinks too.

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:
  • Sun, Dec 18 - Christmas Relay

Membership:
Join us! Here you can read more about it.
https://goldengaterunningclub.org/membership/

🏥 Health and Safety:
Please follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines.

See you at Kezar!

-- Coach Takashi