Weekly Workout - Wednesday, March 20th: Strides and Stairs

GGRC Coach

Mar 18, 2024, 4:57:45 PMMar 18
to Golden Gate Running Club
🕕 When: Wed, March 20th, 6:15 PM
📍 Where: The Southside homestretch of Kezar Stadium

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • Warm up
  • Workout
  • Cooldown
🏃 Workout:
This week we'll be doing strides and stairs! We'll stride the straight length of the track on the south side of the stadium, then run up and down the stairs in the pattern below: image.png
A stride run isn't just about reaching top speed, but more about your running form. Here are some basic rules of thumb:
  • Run close to your top speed, but not all-out sprinting.
  • Cycle your legs rapidly.
  • Keep your head and shoulders relaxed.
  • Slightly lean your upper body forward.
We'll go for about 25 minutes (usually about 5 reps of stairs).

Substitution for Marina Double racers:
If you're racing this weekend you probably will want to run a lighter workout. As a less strenuous option to practice your pacing, you can run 2x 800m at 10k pace, with 400m recov after each, then 1x800m at 5k pace.

🔋 Post Workout:
Let’s go to Fireside (603 Irving St, between 7th and 8th Ave) this week! They let you bring food as well. So join us for food and drinks!

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:

  • Saturday March 23rd  - Marina Double AND Happy Hour at 5pm at Noc Noc's
  • Saturday April 13th - Rodeo Beach Rumble
  • Sunday May 19th - Bay to Breakers
✅ Membership:
Golden Gate Running Club is a non-profit organization. Membership dues help cover all of the events and perks that GGRC offers. Visit our RunSignup membership page to pay your 2024 dues! Returning members (from 2023) should renew through the RunSignup platform. If you have any questions about it, let us know.

See you at Kezar!

-- Coach Lena