GGRC In-Person Workouts Kick-Off Wed, 4/14!

GGRC President

Apr 1, 2021, 11:15:42 PM4/1/21
to Golden Gate Running Club

Hi GGRC,

Holy Cow, we are really doing it, y’all! Golden Gate Running Club’s In-person workouts resume on Wednesday, April 14th!

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are temporarily changing our format for in-person workouts. Instead of our typical Wednesday night track and Sunday Presidio runs, group workouts will now take place on Mondays and Wednesdays at 6:15pm!

All runners MUST wear a face covering!

Advance sign-ups are required for each group run, and the sign-up sheet can be accessed via the new #ggrc_2021_workout_sign-ups channel in our member Slack workspace. Those of you that paid for your membership in 2020 or 2021 and registered for the club will receive an invitation to join this private channel via Slack within the next 1-2 days. More info on how to become a member for access to this channel can be found on our website! Sorry, no drop-ins… we don’t love it either, but it’s what we have to do!

Here are some more important details you should know before you go!

  • In-person events will be limited to 2021 club members for the foreseeable future, until Covid restrictions are lifted.

  • Attendance will initially be limited to 15 people (with 2-3 additional board members present to lead the workout)

  • The workouts will be posted in the new #2021_ggrc_workout_sign-ups GGRC slack channel so that members can sign up to attend. Members will be invited to this channel upon completing their registration for the club.

  • Monday runs will be held in Golden Gate Park, while Wednesday runs may bounce around different areas of the city.

  • Runs will continue to be “no-drop”, meaning we will wait at given check-points to ensure nobody is left behind, and run leaders will cover different paces.

  • We will expect all members attending in-person workouts to wear a face covering at all times, break into smaller pace groups, and comply with the CDC’s and the SFPHD’s guidelines on Covid-19 self-screening and safety practices.

  • Post-workout food/beverage hangouts will be left out of our initial in-person workout model until further notice

  • Visit our membership page for information on how to join the club and attend in-person workouts!

Over the past year, we have learned the importance of being adaptable and creative. We are fully invested in making our in-person workout model as fruitful and user-friendly as possible, and we expect to change our in-person model along the way to make any necessary improvements and shift with San Francisco’s re-opening plans.

Thank you, and we can’t wait to see you soon!

Renee H.

2021 GGRC President

GGRC President

Apr 10, 2021, 1:39:40 PM4/10/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Good Morning GGRC,

Sending out a reminder that GGRC re-opens this week! Our first in-person small group run is Wednesday, April 14th, and we still have some spots open for Wednesday and subsequent runs. 2021 club members should now have access to sign up for group runs within the 2021_ggrc_workout_sign-ups Slack channel in the GGRC workspace.

We are staying tuned into California's and SF's re-opening plans, and we look forward to opening up workouts to even more people once it is safe to do so!

Let me know if you have any questions about group runs, and reach out to ggrctr...@gmail.com for questions about your membership status.

Thanks!

Renee
2021 GGRC President