Christmas Relays! 🎅🎄🏃

GGRC Race Coordinator

Nov 10, 2022, 11:08:29 AM11/10/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
It's that time of year again folks!

Annual Christmas Relays hosted by WVTC will be on Sunday December 18th beginning at 9am.  The basics are as follows with full details at the link below:

When: 9am Sunday Dec. 19th
Where: Sunset Circle Parking lot - Lake Merced
Cost: $120 per team (prices go up Nov. 20st)

Folks will need to form teams of 4 and register for the event.  It is customary that teams assemble a group costume and have fun with the run while some of the other clubs compete for some actual bragging rights that we are all likely too slow for...

Afterwards we will be having an end of year party and transition to the new Board at Taylor & Chamila's house.

Please use the following tracking spreadsheet for logging your team and as a resource if you are a "free agent" looking for a team.

Looking forward to seeing you all out there!

Jakob

GGRC Race Coordinator

Nov 30, 2022, 10:48:35 AM11/30/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
Morning GGRC!

Looks like at this time we've got 6 teams registered for Christmas Relays!  Thanks to everyone who has coordinated to put these together :)
It appears there is one team looking for a 4th and we've got a number of free agents.  I'd like to encourage any teams that still need members to start reaching out to the free agents and I will also offer myself up to form a team with 3 other folks from that list.

I will make another ping in our ggrc_official slack channel and we also have a christmas-relays-2022 channel for anyone that did not know, which can be used for forming up teams.

Please see the previous email below for full details on Christmas Relays, and the coordination spreadsheet can be found here: GGRC Xmas Relays 2022.

Jakob

Hans Layman

Nov 30, 2022, 11:28:45 AM11/30/22
to ggrc...@gmail.com, Golden Gate Running Club
Anyone interested in running in the Taco costume this year? Ask any of the alums, they'll tell you how salty this can get.

Taylor can attest it is the best 4.5 miles he's ever run.

Hans

--
http://goldengaterunningclub.org
Please note, all communications on the google group are public, and can be viewed by all.  Use Slack or direct messaging if you wish to relay private or personal information.

Jakob Walter

Nov 30, 2022, 11:32:29 AM11/30/22
to hurric...@gmail.com, Golden Gate Running Club
I'm looking to assemble a team with the free agents and would be down to bring back "Password is Taco" if the others agree to it!

GGRC Race Coordinator

Dec 10, 2022, 4:07:21 PM12/10/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
Hope ya'll are still getting out and enjoying some rainy runs today 🌧🏃

Stoked to see that we've got 9 teams signed up and running for Christmas Relays!
Some additional details:

Christmas Relay Races
When: 9am Sunday Dec. 18th (races begin)
Where: Sunset Circle Parking lot - Lake Merced
Please show up a bit early as parking and logistics can be tricky in this spot with the quantity of folks showing up.  We will have a GGRC pop-up tent along with some morning snacks and coffee.

After Party & Board Transition
When: 1pm Sunday Dec. 18th
Where: 24 Ord St, San Francisco CA 94114 (Chamila & Taylors house!)
We will be cooking up some French Toast and GGRC will be providing other non-alcoholic beverages and food.  Please bring along any alcoholic beverages you'd like to have and/or share.

As always, feel free to reach out if you're wondering anything else about the event next weekend.

Jakob