Weekly Workout - Wednesday, June 2 - Interval Grab Bag

ggrc...@gmail.com

May 31, 2021, 5:03:22 PM5/31/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Where:  Kezar Stadium, meet halfway down the home stretch.
When: Wed, 6:15 PM.
What: Pair up in groups of 2-4, round-robin format as each person takes a turn selecting one of the Intervals from the list.
WHYYY: Fun break after last week's Time Trial before we start another training cycle.

Format 📋
Introductions, 1600m Warm Up, Drills
Pair up, Run Intervals
Cooldown

2021-05-31_track.png

Save the Date 📆
- Our official Race Calendar has been published. It's time to start thinking about goals for the year and setting up your training cycle(s).
- We will have another 2 Mile/5K for time again at the end of June and July so you can gauge your fitness levels again as we head into the fall racing season.

Coaches Corner 🏆
When we workout, we're creating micro-tears in our muscle fibers, increasing inflammation, releasing stress hormones, and using up our glycogen stores.

Formatting our running into periods of "work" and "recovery", allows our bodies to rebuild and become stronger. Recovery is just as important as running hard. In order to run fast, sometimes you have to run slow.

A proper training cycle will include periods of recovery as your increase your mileage and intensity. Don't neglect theses! This is time for your body to rebuild and let you start your next up cycle with renewed mettle.

Principle-of-Progression-3.jpg

Plans vary based on your distance, experience, and starting fitness level, but you will generally want to increase mileage over a 2-3.5 week period and then take a few days to a full week with reduced volume/intensity.

The overall goal is to ratchet up your abilities up over a few months, taking you through a preparatory, competitive, and then your main race.

YP.png

If you have a Half Marathon scheduled as your Primary race, be sure to have at least one 5k or 10k a month or so out before your main event. This will help you tune, see where you are fitness wise, and sharpen your mental abilities to grind the last few weeks before your eventual race day.

More detail and charts later as we start up our summer/fall training cycles!

Requirements ✅
- You must be a paid member for the 2021 season. Go to the membership page to sign up. Contact ggrctr...@gmail.com with any questions.
- You must sign the 2021 waiver. This is part of our new member and returning member process. Link here.

Health and Safety 🏥
- All members must wear a face covering during group announcements.
- Follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines. We will share more specific details during the group announcements since they are changing week by week.

See you out there!
- Coach Brent

ggrc...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2021, 7:00:24 PM6/1/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
UPDATE: Kezar Stadium is closed this Wednesday for High School Graduations.

➡️ Moving this Interval workout to next week.

🕐 Meet up at the Eastern Gates at 6:15PM for Introductions 🕐

kezar_gates.png

⛰️⛰️⛰️ We will warm up jog over to Strawberry Hill and do some fun timed hill repeats. ⛰️⛰️⛰️

strawberry_hill.png

Official GGRC Route here: https://www.strava.com/segments/24839586

-- Coach Brent

Jakob Walter

Jun 1, 2021, 7:51:32 PM6/1/21
to ggrc...@gmail.com, Golden Gate Running Club
Oh ya, loving the hill repeats Brent!
Looking forward to seeing ya'll there.

Jakob Walter
GGRC Race Coordinator

--
http://goldengaterunningclub.org
Please note, all communications on the google group are public, and can be viewed by all.  Use Slack or direct messaging if you wish to relay private or personal information.