Weekly Workout – Wednesday, January 26: Stride + Stairs

Takashi Mizohata

Jan 25, 2022, 2:04:41 AM1/25/22
to Golden Gate Running Club
📍 Where: Kezar Stadium, meet halfway down the home stretch
🕕 When: Wed, Jan 26, 6:15 PM
🏃 What: Stride + Stairs

📋 Format:
  • Introductions
  • 1600m warm-Up
  • Movement drills
  • Main workout
  • Cooldown + Stretch
⏱️ Workout:

As a part of the Essential Training series, in the last week of January, we'll do Stride Run + Stairs.

Stride is about the top speed. Use the first few sec to accelerate, keep the top speed, and then the last few seconds to decelerate.

For Stairs, I want you to run up, but you can walk to go down. Do NOT skip a step when you go up.

In-between, you can walk or jog.

stride-plus-stairs.jpg

Since Covid still is ravaging, no after-workout drinks.

📅 Upcoming Races/Events:
  • Jan 29 - China Camp Challenge 5K/10K/HM
  • February 6 - Kaiser Half
  • March 20 - Oakland Running Festival 5K/10K/HM/M
✅ Membership:
Join us! Here you can read more about it.

🏥 Health and Safety:
Please follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines.

See you on the track!

-- Coach Takashi