GGRC Spring / Early Summer Events

GGRC Communications

Apr 30, 2024, 12:15:18 AMApr 30
to Golden Gate Running Club
Hi GGRC!!

As we head into late Spring and Summer, we’ve got a jam-packed schedule of fun and events. See more details on slack. Mark your calendars and sign up! 📅🎉🏃😀

  • Saturday May 4: (Unofficial)  Steven C is organizing a hot wings eating challenge! RSVP with Steven or via slack in the #General channel.
  • Saturday May 11: New Member Picnic, open to all new and returning members. We’ll spend the early afternoon in Golden Gate Park. There will be a scavenger hunt, food, and more. Check out the Partiful invitation to see more details and RSVP.
  • Friday May 17: (Unofficial) Chamila organized a group Giants baseball game outing and there’s still 1 ticket left. Check slack for more details.
  • Sunday May 19: Bay to Breakers! We have a full 15-person centipede, but it’s not too late to sign up as a solo entrant. After the race, the group will hang out at Ocean Beach. Join for the run, cheer us on along the route, or come out to Ocean Beach to celebrate afterwards!
  • Sunday June 23: Tahoe Destination Race: 10% discounted registration for the Burton Creek Half Marathon/12km/6km and a group Aribnb. Check slack or reach out to our Race Coordinator (Michael) for more info.
  • Sunday July  28: Volunteering at the SF Marathon, sign up here. This year we have an aid station at mile 22 in the Mission (Guerrero & Rosa Parks Lane). Set up starts at 6:10 and the station closes at 11:30 AM. After the event wraps up the club will get lunch nearby for our volunteers!
See you out there!

--
Taylor
GGRC Communications Chair 2024