gallery moved to --> gnabbist.blogspot.com

1 view

Gnabbist

Jan 7, 2011, 5:41:27 PM1/7/11
to Gnabbist
With the Files and Pages functions at gGroups going away soon, I've
migrated my gallery to:

http://gnabbist.blogspot.com/

Google suggests their Sites facility as a migration path, but I find
it excruciating to use-- always clumsily jamming its mitts into your
HTML, making formatting ugly and awkward, while simultaneously forcing
massive recoding. So, if I was going to have to rewrite every page
anyway, I figured I might as well use a Google service that's easier
to format and /much/ more feature-rich-- while still providing the
nice "Are you *really* an adult?" gatekeeping that led me to using a
gGroup for my archive three years ago.

One unexpected feature of Blogger: you can "backdate" posts! Which
means I was able to put my gallery in chronological order, and even
restore the text of some of my ancient ABPECO-A newsgroup posts. So
the tutorial content has been beefed back up again. And the general
gallery images are up to date through the end of 2010.

Anyway, I invite everyone to come peruse the new venue!

Gnabbist

Jaxtraw

Jan 7, 2011, 5:50:52 PM1/7/11
to gnab...@googlegroups.com

*exaggeratedly feigns weariness*

Does this mean I've got to change all my links *again* Gnabbist?

*Fires up ancient creaky steam driven HTML editor*

Jax

Gnabbist

Jan 7, 2011, 7:44:52 PM1/7/11
to Gnabbist
On Jan 7, 5:50 pm, "Jaxtraw" <j...@jaxtrawstudios.com> wrote:

> *exaggeratedly feigns weariness*
>
> Does this mean I've got to change all my links *again* Gnabbist?
>
> *Fires up ancient creaky steam driven HTML editor*
>
> Jax

Well, only links to this gGroup (if there were any.) My little
"thumbnails preview" directory is still at http://bp.ae51.net/Gnabbist/
-- and has actually been brought up-to-date as well. (The shock!)
Although I *should* see if I can tuck my standard banner set onto the
blog framework somewhere, so that either link address would be
properly reciprocal.

Found another oddity in the sneak peek at the "NEW Google Groups"--
the website interface no longer displays images that were attached to
posts e-mailed to the group. (!?!!) This'll render my few odd-image-
out posts here useless. So, there may be a few posts to old threads
here over the next few days, if the new online post editor covers that
missing function. Of course, that won't do the EAW and ECC gGroups
much good if the Google-ites don't reconsider this "upgrade" for the
final transition. RatzenFratzenMutterGrumble...

Gnabbist
-- sighing with unfeigned weariness