Show only unlabeled messages

Igor Mikushkin

Apr 4, 2008, 9:34:31 AM4/4/08
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I just want to know if there is an ability to show unlabeled messages only.

Of course I can write "-label:label1 -label:label2 etc".
But I have about 30 labels!

This feature can improve the abilities of messages sorting.
I periodically check my mailbox if there are unlabeled messages.
And if they are I label them.

Best Regards.
Igor Mikushkin

Zack (Doc)

Apr 4, 2008, 10:24:59 AM4/4/08
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Nope, GMail still doesn't have an "unlabeled" search term, but perhaps
there is something you could do with an IMAP client like Thunderbird.
Have to think about that one.

Igor Mikushkin

Apr 4, 2008, 10:42:55 AM4/4/08
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the answer.

I can't install Thunderbird everywhere where I would like to read my mail from.
Maybe it's able to put a search request in an address bar?
Then everyone can make an additional bookmark called "gmail-unlabeled".
And bookmark can be saved in the net.

Zack (Doc)

Apr 4, 2008, 10:58:15 AM4/4/08
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
You shouldn't need to search everywhere. An "unlabeled" search should
only be a 1 time thing. Once you've found all the unlabeled messages
and labeled them, you'll never need unlabeled again. All messages
from that point forward will either be handled by a filter (which can
label them) or left in your inbox where you can label them before
archiving.

If you are using the Newer Version (IE7 or FF2) all searches are URLs
that can be saved to bookmark files. I use Google Bookmark to store
all my GMail URLs (saved searches) and I can access them from any
computer on FF2 or IE7.

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Igor Mikushkin

Igor Mikushkin

Apr 4, 2008, 11:03:22 AM4/4/08
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much.

Best Regards.
Igor

Sean Murphy

Apr 4, 2008, 1:43:06 PM4/4/08
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
On 09:34 Igor Mikushkin wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I just want to know if there is an ability to show unlabeled messages only.
>
> Of course I can write "-label:label1 -label:label2 etc".
> But I have about 30 labels!
>
> This feature can improve the abilities of messages sorting.
> I periodically check my mailbox if there are unlabeled messages.
> And if they are I label them.
>
> Best Regards.
> Igor Mikushkin

If you use Firefox, there is a Greasemonkey script that allows
exactly this.