Can't get to Inbox via web interface, using Chrome

Bob Meyers

Apr 27, 2017, 7:38:51 PM4/27/17
to Gmail-Users
Bugs have become the new normal for Google these days, here's a new one:

I use automatically updated Chrome on Windows 10.

Several times my GMail webapp does not show "Inbox" in the left column of labels. Even a hard refresh does not make it show. The top label displayed is the "All Mail" label.

Something must be going on at Google, either a big change in programming/programmers, supervision or something. The great mess over Notifications is unbelievable.

Jeff Grossman

Apr 27, 2017, 8:40:46 PM4/27/17
to Gmail Users
Have you tried clearing the cache in Chrome?  I have never experienced this issue.

Jeff

Sean Murphy

Apr 27, 2017, 9:35:28 PM4/27/17
to gmail-users
    I have never experienced it either. If it was an issue with Google, I would expect to hear from millions of users in the daily news..

Marko Vukovic

Apr 28, 2017, 5:29:50 AM4/28/17
to gmail-users
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Bob Meyers <oreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Something must be going on at Google, either a big change in programming/programmers, supervision or something. The great mess over Notifications is unbelievable.

​If this were the case, millions of users would be shouting about it. It's more likely a problem with your browser, an extension or a lab. ​
Have you tried disabling extensions in Chrome? Have you tried Gmail with labs disabled? https://mail.google.com/?labs=0
Have you tried another web browser?
--
Marko