LDAP for contacts sync

axiixc

Jul 14, 2009, 4:35:56 PM7/14/09
to Gmail-Users
Sorry if this is off topic, but I didn't see a calendar list. Is there
a way to sync contacts to an iPhone over LDAP? I need exchange for
something else so I put the calendars into calDev but I still need
contact sync.

Nick Chirchirillo

Jul 15, 2009, 8:57:14 AM7/15/09
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
You can use iTunes to sync your contacts with Google.  It won't be an instant, over the air sync, but it will still sync when you sync with iTunes.
--
-Nick

webbiscuit

Aug 1, 2009, 12:26:51 PM8/1/09
to Gmail-Users
Has Google released an option for setting up gmail contacts through
LDAP? A non over the air sync is not ideal. I would use Google sync;
however, the iPhone only allows one Exchange setup, which is being
used for my corporate exchange account. I tried setting up LDAP using
the same parameters used for the calDev; however, that did not seem to
work for either SSL or non-SSL options. Any help would be
appreciated.

ipguy

Aug 11, 2009, 12:33:00 PM8/11/09
to Gmail-Users
i'm also trying to get this setup and as yourself have walked into a
wall with this one.
i managed to setup real push email with z-push and added a calDAV
account for calendar but am left out int he cold with contacts.