How To Un-Attach A Label To Outgoing Email

Beauphuio

Sep 29, 2017, 12:23:04 PM9/29/17
to Gmail-Users
Somehow a particular label is being attached to my outgoing emails. How can I make my outgoing emails have no label?

APB

Sep 29, 2017, 2:35:00 PM9/29/17
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
How do you know that the label is being attached?

--APB

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Beauphuio <be...@beaujohnson.com> wrote:
Somehow a particular label is being attached to my outgoing emails. How can I make my outgoing emails have no label?

Sean Murphy

Sep 30, 2017, 9:49:40 PM9/30/17
to gmail-users
    Without knowing more, best guess for how would be to turn "Conversation View" off. Then only those messages that were actually labeled would show the labels.

Andy

Oct 1, 2017, 2:20:57 AM10/1/17
to [Gmail-Users]
Somehow a particular label is being attached to my outgoing emails. How can I make my outgoing emails have no label?

​To answer the question in the Subject line:  You can un-attach any label by clicking on the "x" to the right of the label.​  Or, click on the Labels toolbar icon and remove the checkmark next to the label you don't want attached to the email.

To answer what I think you are really asking, I'm guessing you have a Filter which is attaching the label for you.  Find and remove the Filter.

But it might be more complicated than that.

Regards,
Andy