Trouble with fetch mail from Gmail

bark

Jun 9, 2006, 7:36:42 AM6/9/06
to Gmail-Generation
Hi, all!
I use fetchmail in my local PC and want to get ALL my e-mails every
time when I fetch e-mails from Gmail.
My script content is :

set postmaster root
set no bouncemail
set no spambounce
poll "pop.gmail.com" proto POP3 timeout 100 no uidl no envelope user
"goown...@gmail.com" password "******" smtpname "<local address>"
smtphost "127.0.0.1" fetchall keep fetchlimit 10 ssl

I've tried said no save any information about fetched e-mail "no uidl"
(in documentation it is by default). But I could get only new message.
Example log :

.2 querying pop.gmail.com (protocol POP3) at Wed 07 Jun 2006 12:10:07
PM EEST: poll started
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Equifax
fetchmail: Unknown Issuer CommonName
fetchmail: Server CommonName: pop.gmail.com
fetchmail: pop.gmail.com key fingerprint: ....
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Gpop ready for requests from 82.144.198.127 ....
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Capability list follows
fetchmail: POP3< USER
fetchmail: POP3< RESP-CODES
fetchmail: POP3< EXPIRE 0
fetchmail: POP3< LOGIN-DELAY 300
fetchmail: POP3< X-GOOGLE-VERHOEVEN
fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: POP3> USER goown...@gmail.com
fetchmail: POP3< +OK send PASS
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Welcome.
fetchmail: selecting or re-polling default folder
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 0 0
fetchmail: No mail for goown...@gmail.com at pop.gmail.com
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Farewell.
fetchmail: 6.3.2 querying pop.gmail.com (protocol POP3) at Wed 07 Jun
2006 12:10:09 PM EEST: poll completed
fetchmail: not swapping UID lists, no UIDs seen this query
fetchmail: Query status=1 (NOMAIL)
fetchmail: Deleting fetchids file.
fetchmail: normal termination, status 1
fetchmail: Deleting fetchids file.

As far as I can understand Gmail holds own analog of .fetchids file (in
my PC I've removed it).
How I could set my fetchmail script or my settings into Gmail for fetch
ALL my e-mails?
Thanks

Fuzzy Logic

Jun 9, 2006, 8:51:22 AM6/9/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
Long post for a short question. :)

Go into Settings, under the Pop & Forwarding tab, and select: Enable
POP for all mail

That will automatically change once you are caught up on downloading mail.

Fuzzy

bark

Jun 17, 2006, 8:16:41 AM6/17/06
to Gmail-Generation

Fuzzy Logic wrote:
> Long post for a short question. :)
>
> Go into Settings, under the Pop & Forwarding tab, and select: Enable
> POP for all mail
>
> That will automatically change once you are caught up on downloading mail.
>
> Fuzzy

Thanks for answer...
I've setted this feature. It works only one time after reset - I can
fetch only one time all my emails after reset this ability (Enable POP
for all mail). After all emails was fetched - I got answer "no emails".

Fuzzy Logic

Jun 17, 2006, 8:41:20 AM6/17/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
Right. Once you've gotten the messages, there is no need to refetch them.

Fuzzy

Leonid Moskvin

Jun 19, 2006, 10:53:35 AM6/19/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
U A right. In common case it is no need. In my case - need. I need get ALL messages from Gmail every time (exculde special cases when I set flags for remove emails from Gmail after fetch). Have U another guess?

Fuzzy Logic

Jun 19, 2006, 12:59:18 PM6/19/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
There is no other answer. This is the way that Gmail works. What kind
of setup do you have where you need to get every message, every time?

Fuzzy

On 6/19/06, Leonid Moskvin <goow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> U A right. In common case it is no need. In my case - need. I need get ALL
> messages from Gmail every time (exculde special cases when I set flags for
> remove emails from Gmail after fetch). Have U another guess?
>
> On 6/17/06, Fuzzy Logic <fuz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Right. Once you've gotten the messages, there is no need to refetch them.

Leonid Moskvin

Jun 20, 2006, 2:38:50 AM6/20/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
It is part of my task - fetch mail from remote mail boxes. I have to fetch all messages and every end-point user has to define future of these emails - in trash or in save.

Fuzzy Logic

Jun 20, 2006, 8:01:12 AM6/20/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
Then Gmail is not the right service for you. You could set up your own
server to pull messages off Gmail and have them POP from that.

Fuzzy

Leonid Moskvin

Jun 21, 2006, 3:19:38 AM6/21/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
Probably... Will U write down any links for free POP services?
Thanks

Fuzzy Logic

Jun 21, 2006, 10:54:05 AM6/21/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
There are none that I'm aware of. You would have to set up your own.

Fuzzy