Maintenance Issues

rayhanahmed

Jun 16, 2006, 12:48:04 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Generation
I received the message below and have been diligent in sending the
google people an email once every 3 hours and, to no avail, have not
either received a non-automated response or access to my email. I have
also clicked every link to a google/gmail support page and sent them an
email and got automated responses about clearing my history, cache,
etc. Ive emailed called them, spoke to an operator...practically
exhausted all my options.

Oddly enough, I have access to my google account (they probably want to
keep me clicking away on their banners and use their other services).
what the heck should i do now? Just sit and wait?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We're currently performing some unexpected maintenance on your
account. While we can't predict exactly how long it will take,
we're working as quickly as we can to restore access to your
email--apologies for the inconvenience.

If you have questions, please contact us at
[email address].

thurston kensley

Jun 16, 2006, 2:07:50 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
hi and thanks for all your efforts but that does not solve my problem
yet. i would like to be able to access gmail through my mobile message
system in place of having to log on to internet when ever i want to
send@recieve mail. i have a k750i. basically i need vie sendreceive
settings. please help?

Cranky Dude

Jun 16, 2006, 1:47:00 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
Make sure it's @google.com people, not @gmail.com. Although there does
seem to be sufficient evidence in what you've told us that it really
is the gmail chaps. Never hurts to be sure.

On 6/16/06, rayhanahmed <rayhan...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
My problem is your problem
Cranky Dude

Caleb Eggensperger

Jun 16, 2006, 2:58:26 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
The biggest problem i've seen with people contacting google is that the auto response asks them to reply with additional information and they don't. I think this is so google can make sure you're not just spamming thier help form. so check the autoresponses and make sure you did what they ask for.

Gabriel Wilson

Jun 16, 2006, 4:00:00 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
hello all, i have just found out that their was an webdev program on my network, i didn't give permission to these people .. .  anyone know how to find the IP's our is their an alternate  route to find out what the ***** is going on? any takers?

Caleb Eggensperger

Jun 16, 2006, 4:11:06 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
holy feces, is this the "bring up your random problem" thread? NO! Let's all try for some semblance of organization here people. THIS particular problem has NOTHING to do with gmail, take it somewhere else. and i don't know what the fuck is up with mr k750i but GET YOUR OWN THREAD. thank you
--
Caleb Eggensperger

rayhanahmed

Jun 16, 2006, 4:48:02 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Generation
I dont know caleb....people who lose unexpectedly lose their gmail
account will go to extraordinary lengths to get them back, even if that
means calling Google! The "Google Team" have mastered the
auto-responses...they know exactly how to recycle their responses. And
as the ultimate diss, they send a survey link to evaluate their
customer service.

> --
> Caleb Eggensperger
>
> ------=_Part_40802_31080312.1150484306987

> The biggest problem i've seen with people contacting google is that the auto response asks them to reply with additional information and they don't. I think this is so google can make sure you're not just spamming thier help form. so check the autoresponses and make sure you did what they ask for.

> ------=_Part_40802_31080312.1150484306987--

Caleb Eggensperger

Jun 16, 2006, 4:56:48 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
that has nothing at all to do with what I said.
--
Caleb Eggensperger

rayhanahmed

Jun 16, 2006, 5:03:05 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Generation
it is implied in the statement that people will do the MINIMUM ie) send
back their answers and then go above and beyond.

sorry for the confusion.

Caleb Eggensperger

Jun 16, 2006, 5:22:51 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
i'm not saying people are lazy, i'm saying they just don't pay enough attention. I'm not making a broad generalization, i've seen this happen multiple times.

rayhanahmed

Jun 16, 2006, 5:54:48 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Generation
ok. any ideas how to resolve my issue?

Caleb Eggensperger

Jun 16, 2006, 5:58:22 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
what did you get in response to the email you sent to the email address in the error message?

rayhanahmed

Jun 16, 2006, 8:09:45 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Generation
This below includes the questions posed by GMail and my responses.

- When did you first encounter this issue? Please
provide a specific date
and time, if possible.
June 7, 2006, Thursday around 4:00pm
It was during this time that i was sending an email to
a university admissions director on behalf of a
student regarding his admissions. I am a college
advisor and a high school teacher and NYC
and exclusively use this email as a primary
form of contact.

- Which Internet security, firewall, anti-virus, or
pop-up blocking
software is installed on your computer, if any?
Norton Anti-virus for Mac OS X

- Which browser extensions or toolbars are installed
on your computer, if
any?
No extensions

- Do you experience this issue if you log in to your
Gmail account from a different computer?
Yes. I tried to log in to my account using a PC at
work, library, and a friends house.

Caleb Eggensperger

Jun 16, 2006, 8:11:17 PM6/16/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
so you sent that off and didn't get a response? How long ago?

Vik

Jun 20, 2006, 4:11:05 AM6/20/06
to Gmail-Generation
Caleb, I sent off a similar reply to said auto-response (as my account
was disabled) and it's been nearly 7 days without response :(

rayhanahmed

Jun 20, 2006, 11:07:40 AM6/20/06
to Gmail-Generation
check out the following discussion thread...
it has everythign you need to get back up and running
please view this discussion thread.
http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Problem-solving/browse_thread/thread/c2cf8fa659b60f11?hl=en