Trouble with account name

bernard...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2006, 1:13:57 PM6/19/06
to Gmail-Generation
Sometime in the past, I registered with Gmail as rbt...@gmail.com. I
went for a long time without using it until I was invited to join
again. When I attempted to register as rbt...@gmail.com, I was told
someone else already had that name. I know. It was me. I then had to
register with a different name. bernard...@gmail.com. When I go
to Settings/Account both rbtr8r and bernard.rbtr8r are there with
rbtr8r, my preferene, noted as "unverified." I have tried clicking on
"verify," going to gmail help and doing whatever they suggested,
changing my "from" address to rbtr8r, etc. No matter what I do, I
cannot obtain rbtr8r as my name of preference. If anyone encountered a
similar problem, I would be interested in how it was remedied. Thanks.

Ian Betts

Jun 20, 2006, 3:38:37 AM6/20/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
Yes as you see under, dormant account are not released but cancelled in due course and re-used. you can find out a lot in the Account infomation in the Help link at the top of Gmail.

--
Ian

If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.

Moshe Dayan