Marking conversations

David Hogg

Jun 12, 2006, 5:46:16 PM6/12/06
to Gmail-Generation
When conversations are marked by checking the adjacent box in order to
perform an action, those conversations remain marked - unless you click
on "None" to remove the mark. This is logical in the sense that you may
wish to perform several successive actions on the same conversation.
For example, you may select all unread conversations in order to mark
them as read. And then you may wish to add, or remove, a star from
those conversations.

On the other hand, when you leave the mailbox concerned it can be
assumed that you no longer wish to perform actions on the marked
conversations. It therefore seems redundant - and consequently
time-wasting - to have to hit "None" in order to remove the mark.

I suggest that the "None" option is either unnecessary, or if it is
necessary it is not necessary in the specific case where you leave a
mailbox in order to go to another one.

Anyone have any comments on this?

Cranky Dude

Jun 12, 2006, 8:06:06 PM6/12/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com

Here's a comment (if you want to quote me on this, I feel that
capitalization and punctuation matters):
https://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_suggest/

--
My problem is your problem
Cranky Dude