Re: [Gmail-Generation] Googlegroups and Bouncing mail !

Ian Betts

Jun 10, 2006, 4:47:39 PM6/10/06
to Gmail-Ge...@googlegroups.com
I have 92 bounces using Yahoo groups this month so it not jusy Google.

On 6/8/06, Les Turgeon <les.t...@gmail.com > wrote:
Hello all ...

I have a real beef about how googlegroups handles the "bouncing mail" folder ... !!

They seem to send probes for one day only ... then declare that this person no longer exists ..and stop all future delivery ....

Has there been any contacts with googlegroups about this ??

Can they not give group owners the capabilty to send probes to multiple people at a time ... ??

My group has 17000 members ... including 2400 "bouncers" ... I did a test by sending a probe to 200 people .... (ONE AT A TIME) ...

 .. The result is very significant  ... ONLY 16% REFUSED mail ... !! ..

ALL OTHERS WERE "LIVE" .. ... !!!!

We (group owners) have absolutely no tools to manage our groups ... We just send "stuff" and hope for the best ....

May I suggest that googlegroups look at the Yahoos ... (I'm sure they have as the programmers are for the most part ... former yahoos)

Frustrated owner/moderator .

Les T.

--
Ian

If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.

Moshe Dayan