Privacy Presentation & Supreme Court Organizing

Harry Waisbren

Apr 12, 2010, 2:57:17 AM4/12/10
to senatorobama-pleasevoteagainstfisa, GetFISArigh...@googlegroups.com
New post on the Get FISA Right blog discussing the transpartisan message within the National Library Week presentation on privacy and technology from BORDC President Chip PItts. It's assuredly an important message to spread, and we couldn't be more encouraging about this kind of engagement!

Thomas Nephew has also started discussion amongst the Get FISA Right Facebook community about organizing for SCOTUS nominees who would roll back executive powers and abuses like the NSA's warrantless wiretaps. There is already a Replace Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens with a Worthy Successor Facebook Group, and Thomas started an IRV (instant runoff voting) discussion thread and 3 discussion threads for his 3 choices (Koh, Johnsen, Diggs Taylor).

If you have a chance to check either out, or just have an opinion, we'd love to hear what you think!

--
Harry Waisbren

Community Manager for Qworky
http://www.qworky.com/