[GJS ANNOUNCEMENT] Forever Summertime

George James

Apr 1, 2019, 5:15:48 AM4/1/19
to George James Software
Recent events have demonstrated that the UK government is unable to look after the best interests of it's citizens.  Apart from Brexit, in another example of the government working against us, rather than for us, they have indicated that they will not follow the EU's lead to abandon daylight savings time.

In light of this, we at George James Software have decided to take unilateral action and, following the UK's change to British Summer time yesterday, we will not change our clocks back in October.  From today, the company's standard working hours, emails, contracts and all official communications will use permanent GMT+1, known as "Forever Summertime" all year round.

George James
2019-04-01

PS It has been our policy to use ISO 8601 date formats for some time now.  For example, we use 2019-04-01 rather than, for example, 1st April 2019 in all our internal and external communications, contracts and documents.  The one exception to this is on entry to the United States, as US Customs and Immigrations are quite particular about how their forms are filled out and don't have much of a sense of humour about it either.