[GJS ANNOUNCEMENT] Serenji 2.6.1 released

John Murray (GJS)

Jan 30, 2017, 7:25:06 AM1/30/17
to George James Software
Serenji 2.6.1 is now available. Its main enhancement is the ability to connect to GT.M instances running in UTF-8 mode. More details are at http://www.georgejames.com/serenjiVersion

This is a free upgrade to users already holding an activation key. In the absence of an activation key Serenji operates only as as an editor for GT.M routines. Debugging on GT.M, or all forms of use with other supported server platforms, requires an activation key which can be purchased via our website.

Any questions, please email sup...@georgejames.com

John Murray
Senior Product Engineer
George James Software
http://www.georgejames.com

Qumars Roshanian

Jan 30, 2017, 4:01:07 PM1/30/17
to george-james-s...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Can you please send me the link to download the Serenji code for the GTM server side.  I also need the instruction for installation as well.

Thanks,

Qumars

John Murray (GJS)

Jan 30, 2017, 4:29:16 PM1/30/17
to George James Software
GT.M server-side code gets installed onto your PC whenever you install Serenji. Please consult Serenji's built-in helpfile for instructions on where to find the _Serenj*.m files. One way to get quickly to the correct part of the helpfile is to choose the "Task Guide" option from Serenji's Help menu, then click the button captioned "Loading the Server-side Components".

For GT.M operating in UTF-8 mode, be sure to use the _Serenj*.m files from a 2.6.1 or later installation of Serenji.

If you're still stuck please raise a support ticket with us as usual.

John

On Monday, 30 January 2017 21:01:07 UTC, Qumars Roshanian wrote:

Hi,

Can you please send me the link to download the Serenji code for the GTM server side.  I also need the instruction for installation as well.

Thanks,

Qumars

Qumars Roshanian

Feb 7, 2017, 2:56:09 PM2/7/17
to George James Software

Hi,

I have the Serenji 2.6.1 installed on my PC, I am planning to install GTM on Linux server, where do I get the Serenji routines for the GTM and how to install it?

Thanks,

Qumars

Feb 7, 2017, 3:21:21 PM2/7/17
to George James Software

From the ReadMe.txt

4. Server-side Routines

   --------------------

After setup completes you *must* load support routines

into the Cache' or M environments where you want to

use the facilities of Serenji. Consult the online help

for instructions on how to do this.

When I download and install 2.6.1, there is no Server-side Routines at all.

John Murray (GJS)

Feb 7, 2017, 6:55:36 PM2/7/17
to George James Software
On my PC, installation of 2.6.1 created a directory C:\Program Files (x86)\George James Software\Serenji\GT.M that contains the _Serenj*.m files you need for GT.M.

Don't you have this?

John

On Tuesday, 7 February 2017 20:21:21 UTC, Qumars Roshanian wrote:

From the ReadMe.txt

4. Server-side Routines

Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 2:56 PM