Recent problem or enhancement

Toby

Jan 4, 2008, 11:58:06 AM1/4/08
to Geograph-API-Users
Some time ago I incorporated a script that Barry kindly provided on to
my own website at: http://www.cullen.org/family/tzc_index.php5. It
has recently stopped working and returns empty values. Today I went
back to Barry's original example at: http://www.nearby.org.uk/geograph/latest.php
and I notice it shows the same symptoms.

Has something changed in the API? Or is this no longer supported?

Any suggestion gratefully accepted.

Toby

Toby

Jan 4, 2008, 12:15:00 PM1/4/08
to Geograph-API-Users
THINK I may have spotted the problem.

The suggested code:
nimage[$i]='http://$domain{$feedItem[$i]->thumbURL}';\n";
has a hardcoded embed of http://www.geograph.org.uk but thumbURL is
now returning a full URL including the (eg) http://s3.www.geograph.org.uk.

So the result is a corrupted URL such as:
http://www.geograph.org.ukhttp://s3.www.geograph.org.uk/photos/64/84/648435_2c4c1d7a_120x120.jpg

Solution appears to be to amend the code to read:
nimage[$i]='{$feedItem[$i]->thumbURL}';\n";

As soon as I get home I will try and fix my site and confirm.

Barry Hunter

Jan 4, 2008, 12:27:02 PM1/4/08
to geograph-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Toby (and all)

Ah yes, yesterday put out an update, that made the urls consistant
across the site. Hadnt noticed that it affected the PHP output from
the feed syndicator, tho

The solution as you noted is to simply use the full url rather than
add the domain at the start. This is preferable anyway as it would be
best to deal thumbnails from the static servers rather than the main
domain.

Sorry for the inconvienience (and lack of notification), if updating
scripts is a problem then let me know and we can see about rolling
back...

(I'll also check for anyone else using the PHP output)

Barry

--
Barry

- www.nearby.org.uk - www.geograph.org.uk -