But adding this was also an ideal time to add GZIP support. So if you
(or the client library used) supply a Accept-Encoding: gzip header you
should get a gziped reply.
Also a new REST API, for searching by latitude/longitude:
Interestingly now supports a JSON output, and "JSON with callback"/
API key in such cases, - we have the http-referrer for tracking
The radius only understands KM currently, and should be 10km or
Will shortly document this, subject to successful testing.
* New recommended domain for most API calls: api.geograph.org.uk (of
course still works on www.)
* New 'distance' param for syndicator.php to choose an explicit
distance limit (works best under 10km)
* New 'perpage' param for syndicator.php to choose number of results
per page (max 100)
* New JSON (and JSONP) output for REST API (as includes callback can
be used in webpages)
* New latlong method for REST API to searching nearby (same
functionality as syndicator, but useful to get JSON output)
* New columns for moderation status and points status to CSV output.