Typos on API page!

Martin

May 1, 2012, 1:15:23 AM5/1/12
to Geograph-API-Users
I've been typo spotting and found a few on the API page at
http://www.geograph.org.uk/help/api

'updated 23td Aug 2011' should be 'updated 23rd Aug 2011' but Barry
updated the page yesterday so maybe it should be 'updated 30th April
2012'?

'Also the fact the image is CC licenced needs to be mentioned.' not
sure on this but i think 'Also the fact the image is CC licensed needs
to be mentioned.'?

'This API acccesses the Images database' should be 'This API accesses
the Images database'.

'(see also Building a query for pitfalls of the q paramater)' should
be '(see also Building a query for pitfalls of the q parameter)'.

'JSON encoded output - particully suitable for intergration into
Javascript apps' should be 'JSON encoded output - particularly
suitable for integration into Javascript apps'.

'Search Nearby [DEPRECIATED]' should that be 'Search Nearby
[DEPRECATED]'

'(eg specifing a sort order, filtering by keywords)' should be '(eg
specifying a sort order, filtering by keywords)'.

'Appoximate hit count for the full photo page' should be 'Approximate
hit count for the full photo page'.

'Include the tags as a comma seperated list' should be 'Include the
tags as a comma separated list'.

Under 'Building a Search Query', 'There are there main methods for
obtaining some valid i numbers' should be 'There are three main
methods for obtaining some valid i numbers'.

'which is primarlly used for announcements' should be 'which is
primarily used for announcements'.

I noticed just a handful of these myself and found the rest after i
decided to do a thorough job with a spell-checker.

Martin.

Barry Hunter

May 1, 2012, 8:50:52 AM5/1/12
to geograph-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Martin for your help in improving the API documentation.

The docs is definitely something that gets neglected. Building APIs,
and apps to use the API is far more fun, than writing documentation!