Re: Abridged summary of geodesichelp@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 1 topic

Dx G

Jul 18, 2022, 11:08:00 PM7/18/22
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
One wonders if this works so well, why we don't see it in use.  Sure, good things can be overlooked for a number of reasons. However, clearly I need to read about this more, as in my uniformed state, I don't see any difference between this concept and that used thousands of years ago in the ancient Persian cooling towers.   Here is an introduction to that.  Perhaps those of you who are better informed can comment on important differences.

Dan G

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 4:33 PM <geodes...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
J <domel...@gmail.com>: Jul 17 04:15PM -0700

That is brilliant!

I hope it goes just as you planned Blair.

On Sunday, July 17, 2022 at 8:47:18 AM UTC-7 Blair F. Wolfram wrote:

...more
Erich Nolan Bertussi <er...@clearexpanse.ca>: Jul 17 09:34PM -0400

Love to see more "passiv" approached to dome deployments!

awesome!

...more
Curt McNamara <cur...@gmail.com>: Jul 17 08:42PM -0500

From the trimtab book club list:

*are you familiar with this comic of Stuart
McMillen? https://www.stuartmcmillen.com/blog/chilling-domes-physics/ ...more
Ashok Mathur <ashokch...@gmail.com>: Jul 18 07:51AM +0530

Pl share as many details as you desire of the mechanism to draw the cold from underground.
What depth have you gone underground?
What is power of the blower and house is it run?
Is the flow ...more
Blair Wolfram <thedo...@gmail.com>: Jul 17 10:02PM -0500

Here is a link to a (lame) cartoon drawing that explains the Chilling
Machine physics:
https://www.stuartmcmillen.com/blog/chilling-domes-physics/
No electricity, no blowers, no underground tubes. ...more
Blair Wolfram <thedo...@gmail.com>: Jul 17 10:31PM -0500

The effect of the Chilling Machine:
The sun facing side of the building is black, creating heat and convection
on the roof of the dome. This warmed roof surface air rises into the ...more
Blair Wolfram <thedo...@gmail.com>: Jul 17 10:58PM -0500

Hi Curt;
I didn't see you had already posted a link to Stuart McMillan until after
my post.
Bucky built two domes with the Chilling Design, in Ghana at an Exposition (
I can't locate the name of) ...more
Blair Wolfram <thedo...@gmail.com>: Jul 17 11:19PM -0500

Here are a couple pictures of the Ghana Exposition Dome featuring the
Chilling Concept.

Blair

> *thedo...@domeincorporated.com <thedo...@domeincorporated.com>*
...more
Ashok Mathur <ashokch...@gmail.com>: Jul 18 10:14AM +0530

Dear Blair
WhenI read the comic,I realised how naive my questions must have sounded.
I never thought of Ventura flow as the basis of cooling despite having designed machine that use it to cool ...more