120ft Die Geodesic Dome

Ajay Ajay

Jun 29, 2024, 2:13:54 AM (7 days ago) Jun 29
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
I am looking at building a 120ft Dia (5/8 to 3/4) Geodesic Dome using Square Sections and two transparent Rigid Dual Wall Polycarbonate Panels as the Top/Bottom Surfaces (for Insulation/Light)  attached to it...

Can anyone help...???

Ajay Goyal
Voorhees, NJ

On Fri, 28 Jun 2024, 03:04 , <geodes...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Ashok Mathur <ashokch...@gmail.com>: Jun 27 08:54AM +0530

Dear Lorenz
I am not able to get the meaning of the first two two terms i.e. "32'" and
"hopster".
Please do explain what they mean in the context of what you are trying to
do.
...more
Dx G <yipp...@gmail.com>: Jun 26 08:45PM -0700

I haven't built one or know anyone who has.

Have you already reviewed the core references? Seems like plenty of detail
was made available there.
...more
Paul Kranz <pa...@revivetheflame.com>: Jun 27 09:01AM -0400

Ashok:

"32'" is the diameter of the dome. Gene "Hopster" invented the "Hexadome"
to answer the objection to the geodesic dome that it had too many different
parts.

Paul sends...

-- ...more
Robert Clark <clark.rob...@gmail.com>: Jun 27 07:02AM -0700

I've designed an untested 12 meter diameter hex dome of plywood hubs and
2x6 lumber struts. It has 3 hub types and 3 strut lengths. Don't know if
this would be useful to anyone. ...more
Charles Lasater <charles...@gmail.com>: Jun 27 08:08AM -0700

Hi Robert.
Yes it would be very useful to me. I am modelling a 32' sphere for an
architect in Mt Shasta, California. He would prefer a "fly's eye" type
construction. Can you share particulars? I ...more
"direct .pi" <pis...@gmail.com>: Jun 27 06:43PM +0300

Добрый день !
Маловероятно что эта конструкция будет построена как есть по чертежам - в
реальности запилы и ...more
Robert Clark <clark.rob...@gmail.com>: Jun 27 10:36AM -0700

Charles,
I can email you later tonight.
Rob

On Thursday, June 27, 2024 at 11:09:08 AM UTC-4 Charles Lasater wrote:

...more
CMDR Josh Hawkins <cmdrjos...@gmail.com>: Jun 27 07:39AM -0700

Hey all! I'm looking to build a dome to cover my above ground 18' diameter
pool. The pool frame is made up of 12 segments so ideally i'd like the base
of the dome to align to each segment. ...more