Fwd: Exciting Updates from Geoship in 2024!

Paul Kranz

May 7, 2024, 11:32:17 AMMay 7
to geodes...@googlegroups.com

Get exclusive updates about Geoship's progress towards transforming home construction with affordability, community, well-being, and health. Together, we are initiating a regenerative renaissance. 🏡
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
Geoship

Greetings !

I hope this email finds you thriving beyond imagined! ✨

We are so thankful for your continued support of the Geoship mission. Exciting news! Geoship has broken through! We've secured the financial and human capital to begin engineering and manufacturing a full-size geodesic family home!

Your support of our mission—whether through investment, spreading the word, making introductions, or discussing Geoship in your circles—enables a radical and timely transformation of our built environment.

In the coming weeks, we'll share updates to keep you informed about our exciting progress, including additions to our team, advances in product development, and new opportunities to participate.

By reshaping housing at the fundamental level—materials and geometry—with the principles of regenerative community architecture, we can support the reconnection of human communities with the natural world. Our success has the potential to solve several of the most pressing issues facing humanity today—affordable housing, climate resilience, and loneliness.

Again, Thank you for beginning the journey with us toward a regenerative home and community-building renaissance!

With brilliant optimism and appropriate ambition,

Morgan and the Geoship Crew

Share the love

Facebook Twitter Linkedin Youtube Instagram

Geoship S.P.C., 12394 Bitney Springs Road, Nevada City, CA 95959, United States

Please unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive Geoship updates.

--
Very high regards,

Paul C. Kranz, LMFT
Kranz & Associates, LLC

Dick Fischbeck

May 7, 2024, 3:17:14 PMMay 7
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul- I can't find pricing or what they use in the joints between the panels. Do you know?
Thanks

Dx G

May 7, 2024, 11:41:02 PMMay 7
to Geodesic Help Group
I've been watching the efforts to do away with Portland Cement, and in some cases, actually make concrete using soil at or near the building site. Seems to me that could reduce carbon footprint a great deal is done with proper care.   It's especially interesting when you consider making domes with large crane sized 3D printers.  They can run in a lot of conditions inhospitable to human workers, and even at night without any need for lighting.  The machines are not yet sufficiently reliable for unattended operation, but I suspect they will get there.
Dx G

Paul Kranz

May 8, 2024, 7:36:56 AMMay 8
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
Dick: I don't have an answer for your good question. None of the videos I've seen from GeoShip address how the individual panels are held together. If you find out, let us know. Paul sends...

Charles Lasater

May 8, 2024, 10:25:13 AMMay 8
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
My understanding is they use a type of ceramic glue.

Dx G

May 8, 2024, 10:29:23 AMMay 8
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
  I also failed to find much but pretty pictures and artist renditions on their site or videos.  However, some of the outfits that discuss Geoship have more info than they do themselves.  If you scroll down, you will see their hub and trusses.  Its not much, but its a lot more than I see elsewhere.

Dx G

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Geodesic Help Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/geodesichelp/CAE1FiLXSUBGNSZQrqr3%2BDE7-p-HPAmpT58zewAf_ZvzO6C0t-A%40mail.gmail.com.

Dx G

May 8, 2024, 10:30:41 AMMay 8
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
Maybe they use something like the adhesives sold for gluing landscape blocks together.
Dx G

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Geodesic Help Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/geodesichelp/CADgTqM7X-FfptOf%2BNkeOZd3GmJs38wcpmYR2cCbJ51uSf5cwRw%40mail.gmail.com.

Dick Fischbeck

May 8, 2024, 12:19:00 PMMay 8
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
Dx- The reason I ask, no surprise, is because historically domes have leaked through the seams. Heating and cooling, expanding and contracting might be a problem for ceramic Earthships. I don't know how long these have been tested.

Curt McNamara

May 8, 2024, 12:28:23 PMMay 8
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
From what I can see, they just received funding to work out initial production.

             Curt

Dick Fischbeck

May 13, 2024, 12:16:17 AMMay 13
to Geodesic Help Group
fyi

Hi Richard, It’s sealed with bioceramic, the same material the panels and hubs are made with. The bioceramic is an inorganic polymer that forms waterproof cold joints and has 100k times less thermal expansion than concrete.

thanks!
>j-m

Dick Fischbeck

May 13, 2024, 12:24:45 AMMay 13
to Geodesic Help Group

Dx G

May 13, 2024, 10:20:31 AMMay 13
to Geodesic Help Group
One wonders if there is any advantage to using bioceramic to make shell structures with a 3D printer crane.  Its being done with various concrete mixtures, even for some complex house designs, but should be much simpler for domes.
Dx G

Dx G

May 13, 2024, 1:20:29 PMMay 13
to Geodesic Help Group
  Eggshells are one of natures ceramics.  Looks like its being investigated...and using a 3D printer.  Ok, even if egg shells won't save the world, it makes one consider what else we are overlooking, which may be right before us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQqxgPGuVlU    Manufactura.mx
Dx G

Dick Fischbeck

May 14, 2024, 5:41:03 PMMay 14
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
Fuller said an egg shell's thickness is 1/100th its radius and a radome is 1/200th of its radius. Something to think about.

Levente Likhanecz

May 14, 2024, 5:41:23 PMMay 14
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
the question is, if there is such an accelerator that cause rapid curing, with the proper plasticity for mozzle extraction.