3v Geodesic Dome with latex concrete.

Handlin Piano

Jun 13, 2024, 1:58:49 PMJun 13
to Geodesic Help Group
I came upon this forum randomly when looking at Sketchup models, with references to this group.  I thought a project I had done might be of interest.  I made a 450sq. ft structure using only 2x4's, shade cloth, latex concrete, and PVC hubs.  It was also spray foamed on the interior.  It has been standing for 5 years and has worked great.  It has withstood texas weather and even a snow load.

I'm hoping to do another larger project next year.  But, I'd like to do a kind of mish-mash of an Earthship and a Geodesic tunnel/hyperion.  Anybody have any ideas?

Those are the photos of the build.  I'll post some photos of the inside sometime.

Dx G

Jun 13, 2024, 9:30:38 PMJun 13
to Geodesic Help Group
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.  I'm curious if you made the hubs or bought them someplace.  Looks like you used a 2 frequency ico Alt with a riser row?

thx
Dx G