Fwd: Fuller at the 92Y

Dick Fischbeck

May 6, 2024, 12:42:49 AMMay 6
to Geodesic Help
If you can afford $88 and you're interested in Fuller, Alec is the expert.

I'm very excited to announce that I'll be giving a two-part online talk on the life and work of Buckminster Fuller in partnership with the 92nd Street Y on May 13 and 20. It's hosted through Roundtable, their virtual education platform, so anyone can…
Site logo image Alec Nevala-Lee Read on blog or Reader

Fuller at the 92Y

nevalalee

May 5

I'm very excited to announce that I'll be giving a two-part online talk on the life and work of Buckminster Fuller in partnership with the 92nd Street Y on May 13 and 20. It's hosted through Roundtable, their virtual education platform, so anyone can attend. I expect that it will be the most comprehensive talk that I'll ever give on Fuller—I plan to cover every important episode from my biography Inventor of the Future—and I'm hoping to attract a receptive audience. If you have a chance, I'd appreciate it very much if you could spread the word—and I hope to see some of you there!

Curt McNamara

May 8, 2024, 12:34:30 PMMay 8
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
The Trimtab book club read Alec's book over a couple of months. While we learned details about Bucky's life, we didn't learn anything about what he accomplished with domes, great circles, tensegrity, or systems change.

Lopez-Perez' book Pattern Thinking is a much better investment in our opinion if you want to learn about what Bucky accomplished.

                               Curt

Dx G

May 8, 2024, 6:08:53 PMMay 8
to Geodesic Help Group
Thanks for the assessment.  I'm curious, has anyone made use of "A Fuller Explanation" and found it worthwhile for anything in particular?
Dx G

Curt McNamara

May 8, 2024, 6:51:45 PMMay 8
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
A Fuller Explanation was the first book that the book club read. A classic, and deeply appreciated by all members. Nowadays she writes about teamwork, and is an excellent person.

          Curt

Charles Lasater

May 8, 2024, 10:58:55 PMMay 8
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
My favorite primer for learning to raft Bucky's river of thought is his "It Came To Pass-But Did Not Stay".

Dx G

May 8, 2024, 11:14:05 PMMay 8
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
Good to have your comments and leads on those guys, thanks for passing them along.
Dx G

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Geodesic Help Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/geodesichelp/CADgTqM7%3Dh_qnz-QOQgHTXppdV5Z_GiEnrP-SJuujfBWeE%2BVxHQ%40mail.gmail.com.