New Unofficial GWT Chart Tools library

Rui Afonso

Mar 31, 2012, 6:55:27 PM3/31/12
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
Due to low activity in the gwt-visualization project, I've decided to create a new wrapper library: GWT Charts
There's still a lot of room for improvement but I've covered most of it's features:
  • All core charts types and features (according to the last version)
  • GWT 2.0 Layout Panels support (charts resize automatically)
  • Data Roles
  • Controls and Dashboards
  • Queries for external datasources
  • Chart Wrapper, Formatters, Events
There's almost no documentation but javadoc and a really simple example.
I'm working to improve those issues and create some demos (or at least samples)
Give it a try!

timeu

Apr 1, 2012, 2:35:27 PM4/1/12
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
Great!.

Did you somehow also create a workaround for the issue that the Charts are not working when you detach the chart or a parent element that contains a chart from the DOM?
It would be also really cool if you could mavenize the libs.

Rui Afonso

Apr 2, 2012, 5:51:29 AM4/2/12
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
I haven't looked into that issue, but i'll take a look.
I'm using maven and you're probably talking about deploying the artifact into the central repository, right?

timeu

Apr 2, 2012, 8:15:33 AM4/2/12
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, April 2, 2012 11:51:29 AM UTC+2, Rui Afonso wrote:
I haven't looked into that issue, but i'll take a look.

Yes it really is PITA when dealing with MVP in GWT projects.
For example when you hide a view that contains a chart and later show the same view again you have to re-create the chart again (new PieChart()) and add it to the container panel (container.add(piechart)). At least this was the case with the old GWT wrapper.

I'm using maven and you're probably talking about deploying the artifact into the central repository, right?

Yes so that we can easily add your library as a maven dependency to a GWT project. For example the latest gwt-visualization  library wasn't in any central maven repository.

Rui Afonso

Apr 5, 2012, 6:18:07 AM4/5/12
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
I've released a new version (0.9.1) containing a workaround for detach/attach issue.
Basically it recreates the chart automatically, so you don't have to worry about it.
This is still experimental and I've done only some simple tests.

Deploying to maven central repository is planned for 1.0