cannot run the getting started with google maps tutuorial

tasha

May 4, 2012, 4:46:42 PM5/4/12
to Google API Libraries for GWT
hello,

i am trying to create new GWT project using (http://code.google.com/p/
gwt-google-apis/wiki/MapsGettingStarted) this website.
I did follow all the steps, but still in don't c the output as shown
in the URL.
when i run in development mode it gives me a URL address. after copy
pasting this address into web browser it shows me floowing error

"Plugin failed to connect to Development Mode server at 127.0.0.1:9997
Follow the underlying troubleshooting instructions"

and on development mode window of eclipse it gives an error as

"did u forget to inherit a required module"

i tried a lot but cudn't locate the error

Kindly help

Eric Ayers

May 4, 2012, 5:53:42 PM5/4/12
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
Look at the console window in Eclipse for errors.

--
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT-Google-Apis" group.

Eric Ayers | Software Engineer | zun...@google.com | +1 404 487 9229

tasneem dewaswala

May 5, 2012, 7:00:29 AM5/5/12
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
in development window it give me this error

16:24:19.734 [ERROR] [simplemaps] Line 28: No source code is available for type com.google.gwt.maps.client.Maps; did you forget to inherit a required module?

and in console it gives this

Initializing App Engine server
   [WARN] ********************************************************
There is a new version of the SDK available.
-----------
Latest SDK:
Release: 1.6.5
Timestamp: Wed Mar 28 02:07:43 IST 2012
API versions: [1.0]

-----------
Your SDK:
Release: 1.6.4
Timestamp: Tue Mar 27 23:17:59 IST 2012
API versions: [1.0]

-----------
Please visit http://code.google.com/appengine for the latest SDK.

May 05, 2012 10:53:31 AM com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger info
INFO: Logging to JettyLogger(null) via com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
May 05, 2012 10:53:35 AM com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineWebXmlReader readAppEngineWebXml
INFO: Successfully processed D:\Thesis\New Folder\SimpleMaps\war\WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml
May 05, 2012 10:53:35 AM com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineWebXmlReader readAppEngineWebXml
WARNING: appengine-web.xml does not contain a <threadsafe> element. This will become required in a future release.
You probably want to enable concurrent requests.
May 05, 2012 10:53:35 AM com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AbstractConfigXmlReader readConfigXml
INFO: Successfully processed D:\Thesis\New Folder\SimpleMaps\war\WEB-INF/web.xml
May 05, 2012 4:23:45 PM com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerImpl start
INFO: The server is running at http://localhost:8888/
May 05, 2012 4:23:46 PM com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerImpl start
INFO: The admin console is running at http://localhost:8888/_ah/admin

Eric Ayers

May 5, 2012, 7:39:09 AM5/5/12
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
I am looking through the tutorials and they don't seem to offer troubleshooting for this.

The first message 'No source code is available...' looks like you either didn't add the gwt-maps.jar file to your classpath or you didn't add the module inherits line for maps in your module file as specified under 'Creating a GWT Project':

Other than that, if you are still having trouble connecting to the dev mode server,  you might be able to find some troubleshooting tips by looking at posts or asking on google-we...@googlegroups.com

tasneem dewaswala

May 5, 2012, 10:18:09 AM5/5/12
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
can u guide me how to add gwt-maps.jar to classpath in eclipse

Daniel Villar

May 6, 2012, 5:38:31 AM5/6/12
to Google API Libraries for GWT
Right click on the project, Section Build-path and to go directly, you
can click on add external jar (also if you go to configure you will
see all already included files and projects in your classpath) and
then choose the gwt-maps.jar

I am usig this api in my project and for now is working fine, :)

Regards,